is lost every year to U.S business as a consequence of stress related disorders.1
in productivity was lost from the Australian Economy in 2010 due to stress related illness.2
of medical conditions related to productivity loss can be considered stress related.3
6.5 Working Days
are lost per employee each year due to stress.2
Unproductive workers are nearly 4x more costly than absent workers.2
Poor Employee Retention
Employee Health Issues Linked to Stress
- Back, Neck & Spinal Problems
- Heart Disease
- Eczema and other skin conditions
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
ADDRESS STRESS – BREAK THE CYCLE OF MODERN DAY STRESS.
Identify the problem
- Over half of all employees surveyed admit to being overwhelmed by stress.
- This is a significant productivity and wellness issue.
- Help employees and managers become aware of the issue and its consequences.
- Demystify the problem and reduce its stigma.
Innovative | Effective | Low Cost | Self-supporting
Benefits to Employees
- Awareness of the benefits of Addressing Stress and the dangers of ignoring it.
- Improved workplace experience.
- Learning a life skill with benefits that flow beyond the workplace.
- Avoiding the perceived stigma of having to reach out for help.
- Restoring calm, clarity and balance into daily decision making processes.
- The potential for better health and an enhanced sense of wellbeing.
Benefits to Employers
- A healthier, happier and more productive human capital base.
- Strong internal marketing and corporate communication message (branding opportunities).
- Stand out as an employer of choice by creating a caring workplace environment.
- Encourage better work-life balance in a more powerful and meaningful context.
- Improved employee retention.
What the experts say.
The University of South Australia analysed a broad range of stress management interventions and concluded: 6
- Stress management initiatives were effective in reducing employee stress symptoms, improving coping responses and improving workplace performance.
- A combination of organisation level and individual focused strategies worked best.
- De-medicalised approaches were most effective.
- Providing employees with the skills and strategies to deal with stress was key to the success of these initiatives.